Senior Technical Artist
Multiple Locations: Del Rey, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 164183
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level. This role will report to our Studio Art Line Director, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
As a Senior Technical Artist, your goal is to push the visual quality and performance of our AAA game. This is accomplished by enabling artists achieve their best possible results in the Frostbite Engine. We are looking for expertise in performance monitoring, optimization, and shader creation. You will also be responsible for providing support, problem solving and creating innovative solutions.
- Work closely with artists and engineers to pinpoint and fix game performance and memory usage issues.
- Brainstorm, R&D, and help implement multiple project pipelines and toolsets.
- Diagnose problems related to asset and level creation and support the art and design teams.
- Lighting systems
- Art assets
- Visual scripting
- Evaluate and improve game textures for PBR correctness.
- Build and maintain node-based shaders in Frostbite.
- Support in content creation when needed.
- Solid experience with what it takes to deliver high-quality visuals while following memory and performance targets.
- Experience profiling performance and memory within game engines.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques, and fundamental art principles.
- Solid experience with physically based rendering.
- Extensive previous game engine experience (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite).
- Self-motivated, structured, proactive, and detailed oriented.
- Relentless drive to find solutions
- Knowledge and experience with common scripting languages like Python and C#.
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL.
- Experience with procedural content creation software like Houdini and Substance Suite
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes extraordinary people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-02-08 19:52:45.073
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.