Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Sacramento, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 164169
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We're looking for someone who is passionate about engineering ease of use and reducing friction by building a unified mobile game verification platform to serve the CI/CD needs of all EA mobile game studios. You will focus on building a platform that can distribute and implement test activities and collect test results which are agnostic to the underlying frameworks. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing high quality software that has a direct impact on our game studios by streamlining the test lifecycle. You'll be part of the team building a modern cloud-integrated microservice-based platform that is developer to all mobile studios.
What you'll do:
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance and support.
- Develop responsive, resilient, scalable, and available web services.
- Integrate with cloud-based device farms through a flexible messaging and control layer.
- Develop a unified device interaction and control layer so that our platform can support both Android and iOS device types.
- Work on the application framework that includes building new and integrating existing backend services.
- Build applications in a Micro-services Architecture.
- Drive design and implementation of APIs and protocols that are consistent, formalized, and testable.
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others' designs.
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA's shared automated frameworks and to understand the causes of engineering friction and drive fixes.
- Apply and improve service deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- You will report to head of central platform development
- 4+ Years of experience working with a modern object-oriented language (C#, Java, C++, etc).
- 3+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL).
- 2+ years of shipping and supporting scalable web services hosted in the cloud.
- Experience with full-stack web app development, working on both back-end and frontend.
- Experience technically leading multiple medium to large complex projects.
- Experience with automation on mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- Experience building and deploying services with at least one cloud platform, like Amazon, Azure, Google.
- Experience overseeing large systems and features from design to deployment, including live service support.
- You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- You understand SDLC, STLC processes, software testing best practices and testing methodologies.
- You have attention to software engineering best practices, ie testing, code reviews, documentation.
- You are passionate about high-quality execution and technical innovation/adaptation .
- You develop high-quality, testable software.
- You have a desire to work with other engineers and game developers to iteratively add features and improve APIs.
- You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
- You have experience developing services that support mobile applications.
- You've developed for mobile platforms before.
- You've worked in the games industry before.
- You've deployed web services using Kubernetes and containerization.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-02-06 00:45:56.967
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。