Senior Technical Animator
Mehrere Standorte: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 164118
Position Title: Senior Animator
EA Create Technical Animator
We are looking for a Technical Animator who is collaborative, and enjoys making games! You will need to have experience in animation workflows, pipelines, tool development, animator support, rigging support, and data flow management. To ensure the animation teams’ success, you will partner with animation directors, leads, and other partners to ensure collaboration to produce quality assets, tools, pipelines, and workflows. While this role is technical, we are also looking for candidates who have an eye for aesthetics to maintain a high-quality artistic vision.
EA Create encompasses all of the positions needed to make game cinematics, such as motion capture, rigging, animation, tools and tech, environments, characters, and lighting teams. EA Create Animation is a centralized team within Create that works with game teams globally to bring narratives and animations to life through playable immersive experiences. We have team members located in Orlando, Austin, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Guilford, and Shanghai.
- Design and support of animation tools used on specific titles.
- Maintain our central animation workflows that span across multiple titles in collaboration with content creators and engineers.
- Integrate cinematics and gameplay animation content into game engine.
- Interact and support rigging team on character rigs and animation transfer.
- Work and collaborate with your client partners (animation, art, rigging, engineering and production).
- Provide creative and technical feedback with a view to delivering efficient quality animation content.
- Document workflows and technical processes.
- 2+ years of tool creation experience for art/animation workflows on multiple titles/projects
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficient in standard industry tools Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Familiarity with animation content integration in engine.
- Understanding of body and facial production rigs for debugging and tool writing purposes
- Familiarity in C#, C++, MEL, or Maya API
- Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity
- Experience working on a AAA Game Development Team
- Experience in MotionBuilder API
- Experience in Qt and WPF.
- Experience motion capture and data solving process.
- Experience designing and maintaining animation content workflows as part of an end-to-end animation pipeline.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 97
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.