Site Reliability Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 164115
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Site Reliability Engineer - C++ - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey and EA SPORTS UFC.
Madden Live Services Team
The Live team is responsible for supporting our games for players and ensuring that future titles are shipped with the utmost quality, stability and reliability. Live engineers work closely with partner teams to streamline testing and verification processes as well as maintaining a strong infrastructure for rapid development.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help us implement and promote SRE values and patterns within our team and across the partners we work with.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will work with team members and partners worldwide; contribute to the implementation and maintenance of large-scale projects and troubleshoot and resolve issues and improve reliability across our systems. To achieve this, we require candidates who will focus on communication, uptime, and predictability.
- You will work with a small team to design and develop appropriate test modules and improve the stability of the live product.
- Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of domains.
- You will increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You will review technical implementations for impacts on stability, performance, disk, and memory budgets.
- Directly support and help engineer environments through all stages of development.
- Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Perform cause analyses and ensure improvements are identified and prioritized.
- Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team’s efficiency and capabilities.
- Adding and improving technical and business metrics and using them to make decisions.
- Document your insights and best practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience.
- Shipped a AAA game title or provided post-launch support to a launched consumer-facing product.
- Understanding of C++ language.
- Communicate well with technical partners outside of your immediate environment/specialization.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
- Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Automated load testing experience (either developing tools or using existing systems).
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-03-08 21:35:15.677
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.