Senior Lighting Artist (Apex Legends)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 164059
Position Title: Senior Lighter
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Lighting Artist to join our Apex team. Reporting to the Lead Lighter, the senior lighting artist will help create incredible real-time rendered lighting which meet the vision for the gameplay experience. Our ideal candidate has sensibilities pertaining to real-time rendered Lighting both technically and creatively, and is experienced as a member of a game development team (or a team that develops within a game engine) with a focus on creating Lighting. We are picturing someone with a passion for fun gameplay and the ability to both inspire and create, who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
Applicants must be able to fulfill these job responsibilities:
- Collaborate directly with the Lighting Director and World Art Leads to drive visual quality and narrative standards and contribute to production processes and scheduling.
- Collaborate directly with Designers, Technical Artists and Engineers to define tools, workflows, technical standards and achieve project design requirements for lighting.
- Create style guides, in-engine prototypes, documentation and presentations for emergent lighting systems and features.
- Create content for high-level presentations and marketing materials.
- Assume ownership of select lighting systems and features. Will include driving aligned development with other domains, scalable solutions for diverse technical requirements across platforms, continued maintenance and evolution of systems and knowledge-transfer to the lighting team and domain leads.
- Collaborate with the Lighting Director to define Release and Sprint goals for the lighting team.
- Collaborate with the Lighting Director to drive day-to-day lighting reviews and actively participate in reviews with the project Art Director and other content groups.
- Stays current with and exhibits strong technical understanding of state-of-the-industry and best-of-class game lighting, tools, techniques and workflows and shares findings with the lighting team.
- Suggests selection of software and hardware solutions for the lighting team to use in their workflows.
Skills and Experience
Candidates should have skills and experience in the following areas:
- 4+ Years experience on Video Game production teams.
- Strong aesthetic and technical lighting skills/knowledge.
- Experience lighting in a game engine (Unreal, Snowdrop, Unity, etc.) with Physically Based Rendering pipelines.
- Experience creating and presenting pre-production materials (style guides, concepts, mood boards), lighting prototypes and tools and workflow documentation.
- Experience identifying innovative tools and technology for production and defining efficient workflows/pipelines.
- Experience creating lighting content from pre-production through final in an intermediate to senior role on multiple shipped console/PC titles.
- Experience shipping titles on at least 2-3 generations of consoles and/or platform targets (e.g. Gen 3, 4, 5, Switch, mobile, etc.) and experience creating scalable content for multiple performance targets.
- Experience creating dynamic lighting for a wide variety of lighting scenarios (interior, exterior all times-of-day, cinematic shots, etc.), weather conditions and aesthetic styles.
- Experience defining and/or creating debug and optimization processes.
- Strong understanding of lighting foundations including visual composition, light and color theory, photographic principles and storytelling techniques.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Lighting Artist (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-29 18:25:29.203
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。