Senior Data Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 164045
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
As a data engineer, you will help develop and maintain the ETL solutions necessary to deliver the data that powers our game analysis and reporting.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our efforts in data science, machine learning, and R&D. You’ll be part of a central studio data science team, working with our data scientists and analysts to architect data pipelines, support machine learning research, and build feature prototypes.
- Design, model and develop data sets to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis
- Can understand and contributing to the technical solution from design through code level
- Contribute to technical design and ongoing development of our custom ETL solutions and analytics platforms, and help improve of design and delivery standards
- Work with big data developers to build scalable and supportable infrastructure
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Assess and recommend the implementation available and latest big data technologies
- Help build a machine learning platform for data scientists to develop, train and execute models.
- Participate in reviews and meetings
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Advanced working SQL experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Detail-oriented individual.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience working with big data technologies including BigQuery, Apache Beam, Apache Airflow
- Experience working with ML technologies including Scikit, TensorFlow, and KubeFlow.
- Experience developing software using Python, Java, SQL
- Ability to adapt to new technology and research troubleshooting techniques and best practices
- Ability to self manage and work in a proactive manner
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-02-05 00:31:42.527
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.