Sr. Build Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 164028
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Engineering Services “Frostbite QDS” are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management. Learn more about us here.
We are seeking a Sr. Build Engineer to join Engineering Services and provide exemplary services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements.
- Establish a lead role in maintaining existing, and establishing new technologies with the goal of delivering a stable scalable continuous integration environment, capable of providing stable expansion routes, and delivering quality, well structured reporting output to developers and other stakeholders submitting builds to the CI system.
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders particularly in Frostbite Development, in Quality Engineering, and in Release Management.
- Drive and advance the skills development of the Build farm team, ensuring that all on the team stay current with best industry practices in DevOps and CI
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6 + years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining CI environments.
- 6 + being a team lead on CI environment operations.
- 6 + years of experience in programming, scripting, configuration management (Java, Groovy, Python, shell) for the intended development of CI infrastructure.
- 6 + years of experience with large scale systems (high volume user community, high volume throughput)
- Proven Excellent understanding of software development and DevOps concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Build Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-29 16:03:44.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.