Experience Designer- Technical - SKATE
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 163963
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer II
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to provide an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special. You will report to our Experience Design Director.
Full Circle is looking for an Experience Designer - Technical to join the Skate Team
- Be an effective liaison between designers and engineers and will work with them to set requirements for content editing and event scripting tools
- You will break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
- You will implement UI animation and motion of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines
- Prototype in code with debug data to simulate game elements that can be user tested and profiled for performance
- Deliver final game ready components that are documented and ready to hand off to engineering
- Use proprietary software and third-party technology to implement the visual design of the UI + HUD within the game.
- You will work with our teams to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to achieve an excellent experience, from concept to ship.
- Collaborate with our engineers to define technical and data requirements.
- Prove out and advocate for best practices for UI architecture with a goal of organization reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product.
- Shipped multiple product releases as a technical designer, scripter or similar role
- Working with highly collaborative cross disciplinary teams
- Cleanly implement content with designer tools and scripting language
- Establish and maintain production pipeline, process, and workflow
- Track down problems in current systems, predicting problems in developing systems, producing test cases, and implementing fixes in systems and tools
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages: one of C/C++/C#/Java to a reasonable knowledge required
- A desire for solving design problems and sharing your knowledge
- Technical Degree (CS, IT, SE, CE, or equivalent work experience)
- Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer- Technical - SKATE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-27 19:50:14.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.