Senior VFX Artist (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 163958
Position Title: Associate Visual Effects Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Create Art Vancouver (EA’s centralized art team) is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior VFX artist to join our real-time VFX team. The VFX artists from Create Art research, conceptualize, and create all manner of VFX from natural atmospheres and sci-fi realism to stylized fun and realms of fantasy.
You will work closely with the VFX team, Art Directors, and Design team to create real-time VFX for Apex Legends
Associate Director will prioritize working with managers and focusing on domain growth
Senior Artist will prioritize working on content creation and innovation.
- Conceptualize and create industry-leading VFX for our games
- Work with Design to understand requirements and create FX for gameplay mechanics
- Create behavior-driven VFX for characters and environments.
- Create atmospheric VFX and direct proper placement of assets to enhance living worlds
- Simulate physical phenomenon through a variety of animation and simulation techniques
- Inject personality and humor into visual effects through stylization
- Work with Art Director and Technical Art Director to create style guides and visually defining particle assets.
- Partner with Rendering and Tools teams to determine requirements for VFX tools and technologies.
- Develop strategies to solve VFX issues affecting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
- Mentor junior VFX artists and provide direction, guidance, and feedback
- Plan with directors and management to establish asset requirements, manage scope and escalate risks for feature reviews.
- 10+ years’ experience as a real-time VFX artist on shipped titles or equivalent
- Experience as a lead on multiple projects
- Proficient in using Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini or equivalent
- Experience with performance requirements and restrictions on console hardware
- Experience creating and editing shaders for VFX
- Experience creating and modifying existing modeling assets for in-game VFX use.
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with team members across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent aesthetic sense with strong attention to detail.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior VFX Artist (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-01-25 17:29:55.08
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。