Senior VFX Artist (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 163958
Position Title: Associate Visual Effects Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Create Art Vancouver (EA’s centralized art team) is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior VFX artist to join our real-time VFX team. The VFX artists from Create Art research, conceptualize, and create all manner of VFX from natural atmospheres and sci-fi realism to stylized fun and realms of fantasy.
You will work closely with the VFX team, Art Directors, and Design team to create real-time VFX for Apex Legends
Associate Director will prioritize working with managers and focusing on domain growth
Senior Artist will prioritize working on content creation and innovation.
- Conceptualize and create industry-leading VFX for our games
- Work with Design to understand requirements and create FX for gameplay mechanics
- Create behavior-driven VFX for characters and environments.
- Create atmospheric VFX and direct proper placement of assets to enhance living worlds
- Simulate physical phenomenon through a variety of animation and simulation techniques
- Inject personality and humor into visual effects through stylization
- Work with Art Director and Technical Art Director to create style guides and visually defining particle assets.
- Partner with Rendering and Tools teams to determine requirements for VFX tools and technologies.
- Develop strategies to solve VFX issues affecting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
- Mentor junior VFX artists and provide direction, guidance, and feedback
- Plan with directors and management to establish asset requirements, manage scope and escalate risks for feature reviews.
- 10+ years’ experience as a real-time VFX artist on shipped titles or equivalent
- Experience as a lead on multiple projects
- Proficient in using Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini or equivalent
- Experience with performance requirements and restrictions on console hardware
- Experience creating and editing shaders for VFX
- Experience creating and modifying existing modeling assets for in-game VFX use.
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with team members across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent aesthetic sense with strong attention to detail.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior VFX Artist (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-25 17:29:55.08
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.