Social Systems Design Lead - SKATE
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 163876
Position Title: Game Designer II
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to deliver an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
As an experienced Social Designer, reporting to the Design Director, you will:
- Ensure that we create a safe environment for all players to have fun
- Analyze and identify outstanding social features and experiences in gaming
- Identify trends in social play and find new opportunities
- Embrace and advocate for the social needs and expectations of diverse audiences
- Explore ways of promoting positive social engagement and experiences within the game
- Determine a clear, forward-looking vision for the game's social features and requirements for moderation
- Design and guide the implementation of a cohesive and compelling suite of social features
- Ensure integration of social features with the broader game vision and feature set
- Work with partner groups to refine and expand features based on player telemetry and feedback
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- A college diploma in Game Design, Project Management, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 5 years of experience in social game design or related experience
- In-depth experience with game engines, productivity software and familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira)
- Comprehensive understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement creative ideas based on analytics, data, and research
- Deep familiarity with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- Passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse, 'team-first' culture based on fun
Community / Marketing Title: Social Systems Design Lead - SKATE
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-22 19:47:41.607
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.