Senior Technical Gameplay Animator
Wiele lokalizacji: Ontario, Canada • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 163872
Position Title: Senior Animator
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to deliver an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
SENIOR TECHNICAL GAMEPLAY ANIMATOR - SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.”
We are looking for and experienced Senior Technical Gameplay Animator to join an established, experienced team of developers building a contemporary vision of EA’s Skate franchise. This is your opportunity to join a veteran team and help create a compelling, creative, and immersive skateboarding experience.
You will specialized in the area of animation realization, focusing on the implementation process and architecture of character motion systems. You will use EA’s proprietary gameplay engine and editor to help realize the vision of the animation team and push character animation to new levels of believability.
- Work with the animation team to implement animation content using EA’s proprietary gameplay engine and editor
- Work with the Animation Software Engineers, together with the Animation Director, to solve and implement technical animation challenges.
- Ensure that the animation team can achieve a high level of fluidity and believability with the animations at run time i.e. smooth transitions, natural weight shifts, variety and depth
- Ensure that the responsiveness and overall design of the characters motion conform to the goals of the design team
- Push the boundaries of believable character motion, from a technical implementation perspective – with a focus on marrying the characters to both their environments and the situations that they’re in, whilst ensuring that they have plenty of style.
- Help design and coordinate the animation workloads for the project (from a more technical perspective)
- Help establish efficient pipelines and procedures
- Determine and estimate tasks
- You will report to the Animation Director
- Experience working on at least 2 AAA titles
- 5+ years using proprietary animation tools and setting up animation state machines with an established game engine i.e. Unreal, Unity, CryEngine…
- Experience working on at least one title that shows more advanced locomotion/animation techniques, that your position has been pivotal in realizing
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with core animation implementation techniques, for example; motion matching, machine learning, parametric blends, additive and subtractive layers, partitioned animations, phase matching, IK solutions, ragdoll… (and numerous other procedural solutions)
- Experience working with both animation-driven and physics-driven gameplay systems with an understanding of the requirements for root/trajectory motion.
- You can identify issues and resolve them efficiently
- An understanding of animation principles and anatomy
- Not afraid to take on sizeable animation related challenges
- Able to communicate well with other disciplines (especially designers and software engineers)
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience working with Motion Matching is a huge asset
- Motion editor or key-framer animation experience
- Experience working with Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience working with advanced facial animation rigs
- Some experience with MEL, Python, C# or C++
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Gameplay Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 47
Can this position be remote?:
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.