DevOps Software Engineer Intern
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 163656
Position Title: Intern General
Electronic Arts Romania, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Romania, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
If your dream job is to work with cutting-edge technologies on some of the most popular video game franchises in the world, including EA SPORTS FIFA, then you've come to the right place. Prepare to level up your learning and career development together with some of the most experienced industry professionals in the gaming world: a diverse, creative and collaborative group of people united by a shared vision of excellence.
Ever wondered how dozens of people work collaboratively and simultaneously to develop a complex game? In EA this is facilitated by us, the Development and Release Engineering (DRE) team. Our domain is at the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support. We run services that empower development teams around the world. We help EA to ship great games.
- Develop and operate Continuous Integration for games
- Expand the build and test automation with new projects or functionality including configuration of orchestration jobs, development of build scripts, installation procedures
- Provide troubleshooting support for automation breakages; critically assess the repetitive changes and suggest and implement ways of eliminating toil activities
- Monitor metrics to optimize the automation systems
- Help evolve our release pipeline, using concepts like Infrastructure as Code and Advanced Virtualization
- Interact and experiment with diverse technologies.
- Have exposure into multiple game projects simultaneously.
- Engage with game titles across a variety of platforms (PCs, consoles, mobile devices).
- Experience a distributed work environment.
- Inject fresh ideas and bring innovations in our tech stack.
- You will need to have basic knowledge of batch/shell scripting;
- Also OOP knowledge using programming languages like Java;
- It will be greatly appreciated if you already have broad base of general knowledge and interest on multiple disciplines within software development and practices
- Good verbal and written English
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in all our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
- Windows 10, CentOS
- Jenkins CI
- Perforce, git, GitLab
- vSphere / VMware
- Groovy, Python, Java
- batch/shell scripting, PowerShell
- Chef, Ansible, Packer
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, and SQL
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
We thought that you may want to know about:
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Working schedule (6 months):
July – September – Full-time working schedule
September - January - Part-time working schedule
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-12 18:11:22.477
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.