Senior Workday Manager
Multiple Locations: Arizona, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 163498
Position Title: Senior Manager Applications
The HR Technology team in IT is looking for someone to join our team to help manage and evolve our Workday environment. Reporting to the Director of HR Technology, you will be our Workday expert and manage our Workday footprint.
About Workday at EA:
We manage all our employees and contingent workers within Workday. We deployed globally in 2013 to all our 40+ locations, with full self-service to employees, managers and HR. Our Workday footprint includes:
- Core HCM
- Time Off in 15+ countries
- Time Tracking in 4 countries
- 45+ Integrations, including PICOF
- Reporting, Dashboards and Mobile for all
- You will provide technical guidance for everything Workday.
- You will lead technical projects relating to Workday, pushing best practices to the team.
- You will develop partnerships with the business and our partners
- Gain understanding of boundary systems and processes and the HR and IT ecosystem
- You will ensure a focus on the employee experience
- You will manage the Workday team and will mentor, guide and actively share knowledge across all team members
Application Management Responsibilities
- Drive projects from exploration to implementation; provide expertise, guidance, and delivery of projects.
- Manage and track all enhancement requests; prioritize and manage a timeline for delivery
- Manage incoming enhancements and which need to be escalated to the project level.
- Stay up to date on vendor strategy, new functionality and how we can evolve our investment to improve the experience and functionality
- Stay versed in the marketplace of other competing technology; where the industry is moving
- Develop partnerships with outside vendors.
- Remain up to date in the technology and be EA's expert in Workday.
- Identify problems, propose solutions, implement
- Establish best practices; provide governance for the platform.
- Analyze our processes, Workday configurations, and operational issues to identify potential solutions or gain process efficiency and improve data integrity
Application Support Responsibilities
- Ensure Routine Tasks, maintenance, and audits are being executed
- Develop and execute or assign new routine tasks and audits to keep the application performing optimally
- Respond and resolve system issues and escalations
- Manage audit and SOX compliance processes and be on point for global audit.
- Manage end user training, communications, intranet presence – collaborating with our business partners.
- Ensure the security of the application, ensuring careful security administration and compliance
- Understand health of application; provide metrics and meaningful information for application use
- Understand work effort and time management of the team; ensure a backup strategy
- Proactively plan for and execute routine work (shutdowns; holidays; annual events)
- Evolve our support model, continually tuning it and taking the best advantage of the team and organizational structures.
- Provide a high SLA and customer satisfaction with clients.
- Experience in Workday, with experience at an architectural level
- 5+ years of management experience within an enterprise level environment
- Computer Science or closely related degree preferred
- Expertise in implementation, testing and customization of all Workday HCM Modules
- Deep knowledge of Workday security, custom reporting, and calculated fields.
- Good functional understanding of core HR business terminology processes and practices.
- Expert-level usage of Microsoft Excel experience and proficient in other Microsoft applications
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Workday Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-06 17:40:12.267
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.