Development Director - Animation
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 163484
Position Title: DD I
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming to provide daily production leadership to the team(s).Development Director manages project and feature planning, balancing scope with capacity, managing resources, tracking progress, implementing processes, mentoring people and managing risks and mitigation. You are a master of content pipelines. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to organize them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team. You will report to the Lead Content DD in DICE's central content organization.
What skills does DICE look for?
You are passionate about managing creative teams. You have 5+ years working as a project manager; 3+ years of experience working in a AAA game development (extra credit if you have experience in Live Services); you have experience managing animation teams and working with vendors; you have success as a mediator and have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of animation production and how to manage them.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
- Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
- Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Tools, e.g. Shotgun, Jira, PowerBI, Word, Excel (can maintain and create complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, or similar. Work task examples Execution
- Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
- Scope and Capacity Management across all our teams
- Track and communicate project status
- Create scenarios and guide the decision-making process
- Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
- Identify delivery risks and mitigation plans
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
- Create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve process to support the team
- Guide current processes to encourage innovation and improvements
- Document and share what we learn with the team and studio
Communication and Collaboration
- Drive and document meetings
- Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
- Manage communication with project leaders
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director - Animation
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-12-18 13:35:32.187
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.