Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 163473
Position Title: Sr Manager Site Reliability Engineering
Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the essential platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's live services. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that promote rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
As the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering, you will report to the Director of DevOps.
- You will coach direct-reporting development managers and partner with external shared service teams to accomplish franchise requirements.
- You will build and run production and internal business services.
- You will maintain a deployment pipeline through the use of configuration management.
- You will promote best practices in Change Management to ensure Uptime Service level agreements are met.
- You will manage important live issues and promote resolution and root cause analysis.
- You will establish and assign franchise level goals from defined from organizational goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a franchise level.
- You will make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly.
- You will be the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention.
- You will create configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- You will design CI/CD pipelines and core infrastructure services.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years project management or team leadership experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing talent, budgets.
- Experience managing team budget and budget planning process.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-06 16:58:20.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.