Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 163473
Position Title: Sr Manager Site Reliability Engineering
The Production Infrastructure & Engineering team is looking for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) leader to join our globally distributed team. You will have experience managing operations and development teams, leading large-scale projects, with passion for technology. Reporting to the Senior Manager, DevOps you will be directly responsible for the work, output, and growth of this organization which operates 24/7 with teams in Vancouver, Romania, Argentina, and Colombia
Who We Are
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. Our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from helping the developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. We focus on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is robust, efficient, and supportable. Our responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Be the escalation path for on-call incident response and triage
- Perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
- Create configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
- Design and deliver core infrastructure services
- Preemptively create stability, security, and performance improvements via metric/monitoring analysis
- Making sure every service has a complete high-availability and disaster recovery story
- Maintain security standards across everything we support.
- Produce documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
- You will manage and coach direct-reporting development managers, while creating relationships with the entire team
- Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish franchise requirements.
- Build and evolve effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees with diverse teams.
- Build and run production and internal business services.
- Maintain an efficient deployment pipeline through the use of configuration management.
- Promote best practices in Change Management to ensure Uptime Service level agreements are met.
- Manage important live issues and promote resolution and root cause analysis.
- Establish and assign franchise level goals from defined from organizational goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a franchise level.
- Assess and mitigate risk across the group.
- Partner with team members to manage scope and quality.
- Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly;
- Partner with all internal departments such as Finance, HR, and Talent Acquisition.
- 8+ years project management or team leadership experience;
- 3+ years of experience managing and developing talent
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience managing team budget and budget planning process
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-01-06 16:58:20.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.