Quality Designer II (Apex Legends)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 163325
Position Title: Quality Designer II
Respawn Vancouver is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team of working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be the primary QA owner for multiple high-complexity features within the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
You will ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Director.
- Be a mentor for QA teams, help solve complex problems, and grow their skills.
- Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by guiding a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Propose and bring solutions to problems from senior leadership.
- End-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- Understand past and similar iterations of services, perform analysis, use data, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Support Production group with defining the qualitative strategy for the title(s). The Quality Designer works directly with senior Production members to ensure that indicators are in-place to validate quality assumptions, and to track progress over time.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across multiple teams and across multiple studios.
- Help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other partners.
- 5 years experience as a game analyst/feature owner
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Compile data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and applicable summary to senior partners.
- Experience with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with design team from concept to final/live service as an advocate of game quality
- Experience with game development process and milestones of EA's GDF (Game Development Framework)
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
- Experience with automation frameworks
- Can plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential value to partners (has demonstrated in past)
- Proficient with the auditing of defects.
- Guide QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities.
- Meta/Game Balance
- Modes/Live Events
- Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer II (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-12-14 16:58:41.627
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.