Senior Accountant (6-month contract)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 162959
Position Title: Contingent
Senior Accountant: Please note this is an initial 6-month contract opportunity
The Challenge Ahead:
The Controlling team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for local legal entities in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Sweden and Finland. Important collaborators to the group include FP&A teams, Finance shared services and non-Finance partners involved in the sale and distribution of packaged goods, studio development, and corporate activities.
The main objective of the group is to provide accurate financial reporting, as needed by local GAAP or SEC compliance (US GAAP).
You will support general ledger management, financial close and reporting for entities across the European region, including in the Nordics, UK, Ireland and Germany as part of resource sharing and pooling for the hub.
As a Senior Accountant, you will have a broad range of responsibilities directly and indirectly related to the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
What an Accountant does at EA:
- Prepare and book journal entries under guidance of Accounting managers
- Open and close financial periods in Oracle
- Prepare reconciliations and month-end close reporting for local and Corporate requirements, using Hyperion, Excel, and Cadency
- Ownership and management of balance sheet accounts, including ad-hoc analysis of transactional activity
- Perform controls related to financial reporting, including SOX controls
- Read, understand, and complete steps as needed by general ledger (GL) procedure documents
- Maintain close schedules and report on progress
- Support the implementation, standardization, and improvement of all processes, including testing and documentation of new systems
- Work with FP&A and non-Finance budget holders before month-end to ensure accuracy and completeness of accruals related to spending
- Ensure revenue recognition is in line with US and local GAAP reporting requirements
- Delegate and review work carried out by offshore accounting support teams
- Resolve technical accounting issues, and prepare memos
- Identify areas of process improvement or efficiency, and propose and implement changes in process under guidance
- Prepare materials for off-cycle reporting, including annual balance sheet reviews
- Support internal operational and external financial audits
- With guidance, complete VAT return submissions and other local compliance document filings
- Prepare statutory financial statements, transfer pricing adjustments, and tax provisions
The next great EA Senior Accountant also needs:
- One of the following backgrounds:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA-qualified or equivalent financial accounting studies
- Prior equivalent GL work experience with a multinational company
- Prior public accounting experience
- Fluency in English required, working knowledge of other European languages a plus
- Multinational experience preferred.
- Experience communicating technical and general accounting issues
- Experience with month-end reporting deadlines or preparation of local statutory financial statements
- Experience with corporate governance or internal controls compliance or corporate taxation issues a plus
- Experience with large ERP financial accounting systems such as Oracle or SAP required
- Experience working with remote or offshore teams a plus
- Familiarity with US GAAP, UK GAAP, German GAAP, or local equivalent a plus
- Experience with Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) required, including data mining tools and PivotTables
- Think outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to promote efficiency
We appreciate the work contractors provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities for if and when you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Onsite cafe
- Our very own barista
- Games areas
Please note that we are currently working from home and this role will be onboarded remotely.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant (6-month contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.
Date Opened: 2020-11-06 18:46:52.183
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.