BioWare: VFX Artist
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 162635
Position Title: Senior Visual Effects Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape one of BioWare’s most successful games.
BioWare is looking for a VFX Artist to join our team and create stunning visual effects that lead the industry.
- You have 3+ years of industry experience in VFX on games or related interactive work.
- You have familiarity with real-time VFX using particle systems, sprites, and 3D meshes.
- You have a good command of animation principles and timing.
- You have knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages for VFX creation (including experience creating optimized 3D models and textures), game engine workflows for VFX, and revision control systems. Photoshop and Maya. Houdini, FumeFX, or other dynamic simulation experience.
- You have proficiency with open-world gameplay constraints and using visual language to support rewarding player experiences.
- You have a commitment to learning new technologies.
- You will author visual effects for environments, abilities, combat, and cinematics.
- You will research and provide creative input to inform and develop VFX solutions.
- You will work with our design, environment, and writing teams to support gameplay and story while upholding established art style.
- You will work with art leadership and peers to support the game vision, provide/receive feedback, and improve by participating in regular team events such as reviews and scrums, with the goal of creating high-quality VFX.
- You will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, oversee.
Please provide as many examples of the following as you can:
- Ability effects (e.g. cast, projectile, impact)
- Cinematic effects
- Environmental effects (e.g. smoke columns, fire, lightning, and explosions)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match, and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-10-01 18:09:20.727
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.