Senior UI Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 162522
Position Title: Senior Artist
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a Senior UI Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level. You will report to the Studio Line Director.
As a Senior UI Artist you will be responsible for creating assets that enhance the usability and visual identity of the game.
- Develop and lead the creation of UI design from front-end to in-game
- Work closely with designers to iterate on concepts/wireframes
- Create interactive prototypes to convey functionality, flow and animation states
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, backgrounds, top-down maps, etc.
- Create in-game HUD and visualize other situational elements
- Integrate UI components in engine
Skills We Look For:
- Expert knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite with major focus on Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- Experience with 3D modeling software
- Passion for intuitive user-centered design
- Ability to convey gameplay concepts in a visual manner
- Superior eye for detail
- Flexibility to work on multiple titles and platforms simultaneously
- Previous game production experience
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UI Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-09-23 01:33:54.263
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.