Technical Art Director
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 162510
Position Title: Technical Art Director
EA Create Capture is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. Our content is generated through different services which encompass motion capture, performance capture, facial animation, head scanning and body scanning for video game titles developed by Electronic Arts (EA).
We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
We look for the best in everyone.
What a Technical Art Director does at Capture:
• Quality, efficiency, reliability and scalability of all technology used in day to day Production by Capture and that it meets or exceeds requirements agreed to between Capture’s Production Office and the respective game team.
• That future technology meets the technical expectations agreed between the Capture Technical Team, Capture Production Office and, if applicable, first adopter game team
• Capture having a defined technical roadmap to ensure world a class data acquisition and post processing service to support EA’s game production
• Ensuring that Capture’s technical team have the skills and tools needed to maintain current Production
• Being the backup and escalation path for technical challenges of the Capture Technical Team
• Providing the technical inputs to the roadmap that feed the technical development vision; document and schedule for both enhancement of current Capture Production technology and future Production technology development from within and from without the Capture team
• For being the technical POC between Capture and its development partners (eg. Tools & Tech, Vicon)
• Technical Career development of more junior members of the Capture Tech Team
• Mapping and enabling the integration of longer term experimental development initiatives into Capture’s production environment
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in entertainment production
• Experience in motion capture post production workflows (solving & retargeting)
• Experience with Faceware acquisition hardware and post processing Analyzer and Retargeter software
• Experience in virtual production tool creation including at least one game engine
• Some experience of rapid prototyping a bonus
• Experience of working with embedded and/or microcontroller architecture for example System On Module Jetson Nano
• Expert in Motion Capture hardware configurations and dataflow
• Expert knowledge of Vicon motion capture technology, including SDKs & associated scripting languages. For example DataStream & HSL/Python
• Proficient in other motion capture technology. Eg Motion Analysis & XSens
• Proficient in photogrammetry and photometric scanning technology
• Tools creation in Python, C#
• Plugin creation in C++ is nice to have, but not essential
o Mobile application experience nice to have, but not essential
• Familiarity with Shotgun & Database structures
• Good interpersonal skills, able to work under the pressure of a frequently changing production environment.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that grows from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-09-21 17:24:38.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.