3D Artist (integration Artist)
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 162416
Position Title: Artist 2
3D Asset Integration Artist (Unreal)
**Must have previous gaming experience**
The 3D asset integration Artist works closely with the Art Outsource Manager and internal art team to ensure the technical specifications of 3D assets are followed by the external partners and enforce the proper engine implementation of the assets. In addition to owning the process of integrating assets into unreal, the ideal candidate proactively dedicates his strength to asset management on the art outsource side of production.
- Conduct internal QA on the asset source files from the external partners. Ensure assets are implemented with correct file structures, hierarchy, naming and meet all other the tech requirements.
- Ensure 3D assets are properly imported to unreal project and working as expected.
- Diagnose the integration issues and correct the integration mistakes made by external partners.
- Understand existing art style and apply model and texture revisions on work from external partners to match set style.
- Help internal art team organize the assets in both the repository and Unreal engine.
- Work with the Art Outsource Manager in reviewing work from external partners.
- Optimize asset integration workflow with the Art Outsource Manager and the internal art team.
- Leading the effort of auditing legacy assets from the studio pervious intellectual properties.
- Work fast and collaboratively to make your stuff happen.
- +1.5 years of experience in videogame development with at least 1 shipped title.
- Exceptional ability in integrating assets in Unreal engine.
- Extensive experience in running 3D asset QA.
- Extensive working experience in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop
- Experience in integrating all kinds of 3D assets including characters and environment props.
- Strong ability to execute asset integration.
- Strong understanding of PBR texture pipeline and vertex color.
- Comfortable with handling big volume of assets.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understand the Art Style of a game and be able to implement that style on existing assets.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Experience working with external partners. Familiar with the basic outsource workflow.
- Speak a foreign language (Spanish, Mandarin)
Community / Marketing Title: 3D Artist (integration Artist)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-09-16 16:02:22.76
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.