Social Media Manager (Apex Legends/Respawn)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 162321
Position Title: Community Engagement Strategist/Specialist II
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Manager who will engage with our community through Respawn and Apex Legends social channels. You will be part of a small community team embedded with the developers, and will help facilitate communication in both directions. If you like Respawn’s games and want to help nurture the positive relationship between us and our community, come join us and help us create an incredible experience for our players.
What’s it like to be a Social Media Manager at Respawn?
- Day to Day - As a Social Media Manager on our team, you would help own and schedule content that lives across the Apex Legends social channels. Your efforts will help nurture a positive relationship between the company and our players, and you will also be on the frontlines to help determine the trends, desires, and issues that our community expresses. Day to day responsibilities will include writing copy and posting imagery, videos, etc. to our social media channels, building and maintaining an editorial calendar in partnership with the rest of the social team, and generating data and reports to help assess community engagement and feedback. You will use your judgement and expertise to help filter down to what is valid and important. You’ll also lend a hand from time-to time- to help in our ongoing efforts to grow the competitive Apex ecosystem in the form of curating and posting content.
- Inspiring Our Community - You will be embedded with the Respawn/Apex Legends Community Team - communicating directly with our community regarding campaigns and projects to excite our players through social media platforms. This is an opportunity to directly engage our community through multiple social channels- fostering positive relationships and providing a conduit of information for both players and developers.
- Teamwork - You will collaborate closely with talented people within your team and in other disciplines. You’ll work closely with different teams across the marketing landscape, including brand, marketing activation, and influencer relations in the effort to create cohesive social plans that excite players. Delivering the best gaming experience for our players is a group effort, and you will help form the connection between our team and our players.
- Values - Our community and development team members are aligned on their values. They share their inspiration, knowledge, and passion with the others on the team. They aspire to treat everything they work on as a personal masterpiece. They play the game and are encouraged to speak up if they see anything that is not up to our high standards. They put their time and passion into what will have the biggest payoff for our players.
- Growth - At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a path of professional development, and making progress in that journey is an essential component of happiness and satisfaction in one’s work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests, while also challenging themselves. To promote this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in Social Media Manager candidates?
- Professional Expertise - We are looking for people who are experienced with writing and managing social media communication, updates, campaigns, etc, ideally in the video game industry. We’re looking for candidates who have deep knowledge of gaming, community trends, and who have knowledge of and experience with the games we have released. We need someone who cares deeply about the community, can speak our voice, engage with our players in a genuine/authentic and creative way. The ideal candidate will also have experience with generating data and reports in regards to engagement, trends, community feedback, etc. as well as creating and managing an editorial calendar. Great project management skills will be helpful in this role.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly-motivated people with a passion for quality.
- Teamplayer – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. Putting out games as well as information to our players is a group effort and you will work closely with talented people in both the Community Team and other departments such as marketing, design, etc. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential. Teamwork is very important to our success!
Ideally, you also will have…
- Fantastic writing skills.
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking skills.
- A player-first mentality.
- The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Social Media Manager (Apex Legends/Respawn)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-09-02 23:45:59.417
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.