Graphic Designer (Contract)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 162280
Position Title: Contingent
Graphic Designer (Contract)
Graphic Designers are responsible for focusing on the game player’s experience and interaction with the game. Their goal is to make the player’s experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and displays. This role will play a vital role in the creation of Vanity (apparel, skins, etc.) assets for trending game modes. The Graphic Designer will play a role in conceptualizing, designing, and creating individual assets for the interface. Animation may also be required.
- Works closely with creative director and producer; participates in the creative process of in-game Vanity (apparel, skins, etc.) assets
- Ideates and conceptualizes thematic-based items that players can earn, buy, and/or equipt in-game
- Creates game menu mock-ups consistent with the game's art direction
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts. Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Responsible for optimizing file size and configurations. Manipulates UI content and assets
- Confer with the product owners to discuss and determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors, and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Bonus: Any experience with Adobe After Effects, Maya or other Motion Graphics are a plus
Additionally, Graphic Designer candidates will need to provide customized art content for Madden Mobile Dynamic Messaging and MOTD on a daily basis, sometimes 7-days a week, sometimes 20+ images per day in a variety of formats as needed for Live Content. The content is often iterated, sometimes even changed wholesale as business needs change. The Artist will work closely with other artists, producers, and designers to develop content that meets game style requirements as well as Live Content themes.
What skills does EA look for?
Our Graphic Designers should possess, but are not limited to, a background in digital interface design (console, software, web, mobile).
From a technical standpoint, Graphic Designers must have experience with Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator. Nice to have skills include 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage/XSI, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Adobe Indesign, and After Effects.
Graphic Designers should have strong artistic, typographic, and layout skills. They are able to develop innovative design solutions while following creative and art direction. A passion for apparel/clothing/style is a plus.
A Graphic Designer’s portfolio must demonstrate a creative approach and style without sacrificing readability and flow of information. They must demonstrate a good eye for:
- Composition and layout
- Color theory
Community / Marketing Title: Graphic Designer (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-31 22:10:47.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.