Associate Technical Artist- Rigging
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 162210
Position Title: Associate Technical Artist
Associate Technical Artist- Rigging
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams are comprised of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Rigging team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces, and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
What a Rigging TA does at EA:
- Design and implement complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
- Proactive in problem identification and developing and delivering solutions
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
The next great EA Rigging TA needs
- 3+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles and/or VFX/feature animation
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- Strong background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
- Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Document tools and processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area is highly preferred.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match, and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Technical Artist- Rigging
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-25 19:34:39.723
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.