Senior Audio Designer (Criterion)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 162196
Position Title: Sr Audio Artist I
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our accomplished people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
We want to find an outstanding Audio Designer whose creative voice will help us to develop our best sounding work yet. Criterion considers audio to be fundamental to a great game and invests in it accordingly. Members of our team take an active role in developing exciting and immersive experiences. The Senior Audio Designer will work with the team to create original content throughout the course of development for an audio experience that is progressive in design, rich in aesthetic and supports gameplay.
- Set and maintain the quality bar for our sound design craft
- Give clear aesthetic direction and applicable feedback to our sound designers
- Work with sound designers to further their craft expertise
- Experience of senior-level design from concept through to final implementation
- Familiarity with modern audio processing, standards and tools
- A portfolio that highlights individual contribution
- The ability to establish and communicate an aesthetic vision for audio
Bonus Points For
- Experience with and passion for vehicle sound design
- Expertise with recording equipment and techniques
- Love of experimental and exploratory sound design
Please note: While music is important to us, you will not be involved in any composition work.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme, pension scheme and stock plans
- Private medical insurance and dental care, life insurance and free onsite gym
- Employee discounts and rail season ticket loans
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Onsite café, casual dress code and games areas
We thought you might also want to know more about our studio and location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Audio Designer (Criterion)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-25 15:02:23.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.