Director of Operations, Central Operations - EA SPORTS
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 162048
Position Title: Sr DPD
EA SPORTS is one of EA’s largest development groups across multiple locations, and it is continuing to grow. With a variety of different products and live services developed at the various studios, accompanied by new industry challenges, platforms, and business models, it is imperative that the EA SPORTS organization looks to the future in determining optimal organizational operations, capability, and delivery.
The Sports Central Operations team enables transformation efforts to support the EA SPORTS organization strategy and focuses on accelerating capability development and value realization. Key focus areas include: Resource Strategy to enable Growth & Scalability; Processes & Tools to increase efficiencies across the organization; People Development to support team engagement; Internal Communication strategies to share knowledge & continuous improvements within the EA SPORTS organization.
What the PMO Director does:
Reporting to VP, EA SPORTS Head of Operations, the PMO Director will partner with the Senior Operations Leadership team across EA SPORTS and key stakeholders to understand business transformation goals and implement the strategies for the Central Operations team to accomplish continuous improvement goals across the organization.
A successful candidate will lead the EA Sports Central Operations team which consists of a multi-disciplinary team including resource management and communications leaders to fulfill the vision for our team.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- In partnership with EA SPORTS Operational Leadership, refine the strategy, set goals and implement operational plan to execute on the goals for the Central Operations team
- Implement and drive transformative strategic initiatives across EA SPORTS (e.g., improved resource management, continuous improvement, tools, process, workflows to increase efficiency, etc.) that have a positive, measurable impact on the organization's operations.
- Create and monitor an EA SPORTS Operational performance dashboard to enable useful tracking and reporting information, KPI’s for key elements of the business—game development progress, budgets, live operations, etc
- Ensure continuous improvement programs are focused on the highest priority business problems and that results are measurable
- Support in establishing strategic communications programs that help tell the story of transformation & innovation, sharing of best practices and promoting a sense of belonging to the internal organization.
- Develop and manage budgets and schedules related to shared initiatives
- Manages central studio operations resources related to project coordination, support, contract management, game accessibility, etc.
- We are looking for a talented and experienced leader who is passionate about driving positive change in a large and dynamic, technology and data-centric organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology related fields
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in a globally dispersed organization
- Ability to build trusting relationships across organizational lines and collaborate with and influence others, while respectfully leading discussions in area(s) of focus
- Experience leading a complex portfolio of strategic improvement programs
- Ability to inspire and mobilize teams to achieve goals across organizational boundaries
- You have expertise in Portfolio, Program Management and Learning / Strategic Communications
- You are a change agent and have a passion to guide organizations towards a better future
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills (written, presentation, verbal, and facilitation) are required
- Strong financial acumen or related education preferred
- Experience with RMO (Resource Management Office) operations are preferred
What's In It For You:
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Operations, Central Operations - EA SPORTS
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-10 23:41:16.743
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.