Associate Quality Designer (Apex Legends)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 162030
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Respawn Vancouver is looking for an Associate Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team of working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help improve quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be the primary owner of a feature or features for the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
You will be essential to ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Director.
What the Associate Quality Designer will do:
- Be a mentor resource for QA teams, help them resolve complex problems and growing their skills.
- Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by increasing a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Propose and bring solutions to problems from senior leadership.
- Shape an end to end a strategy to ensure impactful test design.
- Understand past and similar iterations of services, perform analysis, use metrics, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Support Production group with licensing approval workflows, including capturing and compiling of relevant content used to communicate intent with external partners.
- Collaborate and Guide best practices across the franchise, and share experience across multiple studios.
- Help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other team members.
Who you are:
- Multiple years experienced as a game analyst/feature owner
- Shipped at least one full title from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experienced coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Experienced with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with design team from concept to final/live service as an advocate of game quality
- Understand key milestones of EA's GDF (Game Development Framework)
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, continual releases, content deployments, etc.)
- Understand development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
- Experienced with automation frameworks
- Can plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential value to partners (has demonstrated in past)
- Experienced with the auditing of defects with a heavy emphasis on data-driven decision-making
- Basic dashboard creation and maintenance proficiency with Power BI/Excel
- Guide QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities
Other desirable expertise:
- Meta/Game Balance
- Modes/Live Events
- Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-06 21:13:10.43
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.