Quality Designer II (Apex Legends)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 162029
Position Title: Quality Designer II
Respawn Vancouver is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team of working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, you will be the primary QA owner for multiple high-complexity features within the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
You will be essential to ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
You will report to the Development Director.
What you will do as a Quality Designer:
- Be a mentor for QA teams, help them resolve complex problems and growing their skills.
- Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by guiding a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Propose and bring solutions to problems from senior leadership.
- End-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- Understand past and similar iterations of services, perform analysis, use data, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Support Production group with defining the qualitative strategy for the title(s). The Quality Designer works directly with senior Production members to ensure that indicators are in-place to validate quality assumptions, and to track progress over time.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across multiple teams and across multiple studios.
- Help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other partners.
Who you are:
- Multiple years experienced as a game analyst/feature owner
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experienced coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Compile data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and applicable summary to senior partners.
- Experienced with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with design team from concept to final/live service as a champion of game quality
- Experience with game development process and milestones of EA's GDF (Game Development Framework)
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, continual releases, content deployments, etc.)
- Proficient with development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
- Experienced with automation frameworks
- Can plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential value to partners (has demonstrated in past)
- Proficient with the auditing of defects. Heavy emphasis on data-driven decision-making
- Guide QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities.
Other desirable expertise:
- Meta/Game Balance
- Modes/Live Events
- Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer II (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-06 21:18:11.673
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.