Studio Technical Director- SKATE
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 162011
Position Title: Principal Technical Director
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Nowhere is this more evident than with our Skate franchise where we are bringing a contemporary Skate experience to our new and future fans.
Now that we can tell you what we’re up to, we would like to invite you to apply to our positions if this is the game and team that are right for you:
We started something special back in 2007, it’s time to see where we can take it. We’re looking for people that want to join the family and harness the boundless potential of skating, gaming, and community to create something that respects Skate’s legacy while pushing us into a fun filled future. Simply put, if you’re interested in building an amazing place to skate…and have fun…let us know
We are looking for a Studio Technical Director
As a Studio Technical Director, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of senior technical directors working on multiple games, across locations, and across all platforms. You will also spend time working with the team of product managers, development directors, creative team and operations to contribute to the definition of the studio’s strategy. As a people manager you will help shape people’s careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
- You will define 3-Year Technical Roadmaps for all technology within the Vancouver studio
- You will lead the team through all its technical leads and TDs to achieve defined technical roadmaps
- You will audit the technical quality of all major project milestones
- You will define Configuration Management, Automation and Operational strategies in partnership with central teams
- You will align Vancouver’s technical goals with the wider EA senior technical leaders
- You will work with other Senior Vancouver Leadership to define strategic goals for the studio
- You will mentor all technical leaders and build succession plans for each
- You will find and address all technical risks for the Studio
- 10+ years leadership experience in the AAA, casual or mobile gaming Industry
- 2 full project cycles in a technical director capacity running a large franchise project in the gaming industry.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages and tools.
- Experience with online services or games as a service
- Always improve our product quality and group productivity
- Experience running a large geographically distributed team with the ability to foster a community with an emphasis on quality and guaranteed delivery
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Passion for games
Community / Marketing Title: Studio Technical Director- SKATE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-05 22:57:46.933
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.