Director, Broadcast Operations
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161988
Position Title: Director, Broadcast
At Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE) we're pushing the boundaries of the industry. We are a fast growing team with amazing challenges full of creativity, passion and collaboration. We’re innovators and storytellers who seek to engage our players and viewers creating the most entertaining experiences for our key titles.
As Director of CGE Broadcast Operations, you will provide senior operational leadership expertise to broadcast’s operational activities and projects, focused on delivering the next evolution of CGE’s broadcast strategy and supporting franchises across CGE.
As a CGE broadcast operational leader you will be responsible for:
- Partnering with the CGE VP of Operations, CGE Head of Broadcast, CGE Director of Broadcast, CGE Director of Central Operations and CGE Teams to operationalize key broadcast strategies.
- Leading activities to effectively create partnerships between Broadcast and key teams, defining engagement models and processes, proactively identifying and driving resolution on potential friction points.
- Defining and implementing a broadcast operating model that ensures efficiency, consistency and scalability.
- Defining and improving operating procedures, guidelines and processes within Broadcast and in relationship to partner teams.
- Driving implementation of key processes and frameworks with partner teams.
- Defining key frameworks and leading their implementation including gathering resource and budget requirements, assessing the status of deliverables and validating delivery against defined milestones.
- Defining and tracking executional KPIs for Broadcast operations.
- Establishing Broadcast’s governance & compliance model in adherence with central operations and EA standards.
- Assessing operational capabilities within the Broadcast team and recommending improvement actions to the VP of Operations and Head of Broadcast.
- Partner with Head of Broadcast and Director of broadcast to identify major initiatives and drive execution, reporting status and escalating urgent issues in a timely manner.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and risks, provide management escalation, partner with the business leads to prioritize, identify trade-offs to de-risk while working to maintain project timelines and objectives
- Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
- Hold the team accountable to milestones and deliverables
- Help the team focus on the critical few: filter issues based on a clear understanding of strategies and objectives; help the team break down complex problems
- Lead activities to effectively partner with key teams that interface with the Broadcast team to ensure the on time, to quality, on budget delivery of Broadcast deliverables
- Define the effective and efficient delivery of key business deliverables
- Perform operational assessments at regular intervals
- Identify key performance indicators
- Drive business reviews, assess opportunities for efficiency; determine business impact of KPIs
- In partnership with Head of Broadcast define future state / roadmap of Broadcast operations scope and activities including engagement models with key partners
- Drive execution of the Broadcast operations roadmap with Head of Broadcast and key Operations personnel
- Share with and implement best practices, processes, and standards as needed
- Work across Broadcast to drive coordination of activities for major initiatives
- Create strong partnerships and promote a collaborative culture within Broadcast and across CGE
Business / Partnerships
- Build business partnerships with cross functional teams and external partners as appropriate in support of major initiatives; proactively sharing updates and status as appropriate
- Create and drive appropriate business reporting for key initiatives
Key experiences / capabilities
- 10 or more years experience in senior operations roles in large, complex environments
- In-depth knowledge of program management and business operations
- Can lead large cross-functional strategic initiatives autonomously
- Capability to communicate with business partners at the Exec level
- Proven ability to influence across teams to deliver results collaboratively
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong business acumen; experience evaluating performance metrics and implementing action plans
- Experience in broadcast-related environments is a plus
- Understanding of game development process – Console/PC is a plus
- Effective Communicator
- Strong influence Skills / High EQ
- Organizational Ability
- Able to navigate complex regional and global relationships
- Problem Solving
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Broadcast Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-05 16:17:53.247
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.