Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 161953
Position Title: Creative Director II [M]
EA's newest mobile studio is looking for an experienced Creative Director to drive the creative vision of a new mobile title. You will report to our Studio GM and will lead a team of dedicated developers, creating the vision and leading the development of a compelling, and immersive experience. Your mix of creative and leadership experience in mobile titles and live service allows you to inspire the team, communicate vision, inspire creativity, and develop incredible experiences for our players.
- Champion the creative direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through progressive creative design and leadership.
- Collaborate with leadership to determine creative direction for our games.
- Promote and pitch game ideas to the Executive team and create excitement and enthusiasm.
- Have an understanding of new trends driving player expectations and behaviors, particularly Gen Z.
- Experience designing a game with a long-term live service.
- Can guide early prototyping efforts towards innovation.
- Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it, designing games that are culturally relevant to the audience.
- Rally and create visible wide-spread support for direction.
- Oversee design vision and implementation by working directly with designers, producers, programmers and artists.
- Communicate progress and resolution of problems with the ability to set guidelines for peers and external support groups.
- Guide peers and junior design staff, help them resolve complex problems and grow their skills.
- Represent game in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
- Manage the quality targets and the results achieved.
Who you are:
- 10+ years industry experience working in the field of game design on mobile and AAA titles.
- 5+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, and business are a plus.
- Will promote the vision for the studio and its projects both across EA. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
- Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- You can break down complex problems into consumable and relevant pieces for others.
- You can create and implement game concepts using tools and technologies.
- Experience working with research departments to define tests and interpret data to refine design.
- Experience taking major AAA console and mobile games from concept to completion.
- Experience designing, launching, monitoring and evolving a live service title.
- A passion for games. Just as important, a desire to make a game with an impact at an industry level.
Community / Marketing Title: Creative Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-03 16:18:36.247
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.