Senior Technical Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161901
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the industry. We want to make great games and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for experienced Technical Artists like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to enhance ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Art Line Director.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be the bridge between our content creators and our game technology. You will push the visual quality through creative solutions, create tools that improve our pipelines, do in engine troubleshooting and performance profiling.
- Work with artists and engineers to pinpoint game performance and memory usage issues
- Brainstorm, R&D, and implement different project pipelines and toolsets
- Evaluate and improve game textures for PBR correctness
- Assist with debugging and fixing lighting and shader issues
- Support in content creation when needed
- Diagnose problems related to level creation and support the world team
- Work with artists to solve technical problems with existing tools
- Develop node-based shaders in Frostbite
Skills We Look For:
- Experience delivering high-quality visuals while following memory and performance targets
- Experience with performance and memory profiling within game engines
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques and fundamental art principles
- Experience with procedural content creation software like Houdini, Substance Suite
- Solid experience with physically based rendering.
- Experience using common scripting languages like Python and C#
- Previous game engine experience (Unity, Unreal)
- Previous game production experience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes extraordinary people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-12 22:18:55.97
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.