Software Engineer - Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 161875
Position Title: Software Engineer I
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing cutting-edge engine features and tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
We are looking for dedicated Software Engineers at all levels.
- You will create animation and cinematics engine tools in collaboration with content creators and other engineers
- You will improve user workflow experience and the results will have a impact on the final quality of games we ship
- You will solve animation and cinematics engine challenges cross a broad range of game genres
- You will represent our user community and help prioritize our backlog
- You will solve hard problems with great people
- C# (knowledge of latest .NET framework)
- Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers' code competently
- Experience with C++/CLI desirable
- Experience building applications using WPF
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Passion for learning and embrace new challenges
- Experience with C++
- Experience in game engine development
- Experience developing real-time animation or cinematics systems
- Passion for video games
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make great games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our locations:
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-23 16:02:42.32
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.