Software Engineer (Frostbite - Editor Framework)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161862
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Software Engineer – Frostbite – Editor Framework
Why Join Frostbite?
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need For Speed, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Star Wars Battlefront II. Our vision is to “empower game creators to shape the future of gaming” and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our team of talented engineers are dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with the game teams across EA to ship amazing games. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Seattle, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
Why Join Editor Framework?
As a member of the Editor Framework team you will work on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. You will build robust libraries and services that can be leveraged across various domains including audio, rendering, and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool that will power a massive community of talented game creators.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building awesome tools, working collaboratively across teams, and in getting things done.
- Work closely with UX team, product owner and customers to design, build and maintain features in the tools
- Provide support to customers by addressing key issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
- Contribute to technical discussions across Frostbite
- Frequent communication across Frostbite and with game team Engineers
Required Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of C#
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Experience developing, testing, and debugging code
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience building games and supporting content creation workflows
- Experience writing application with WPF
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Scrum agile processes. SAFe experience is a bonus
- Familiarity with SOLID design principles.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (Frostbite - Editor Framework)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-23 16:03:29.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.