Director, EA SPORTS Communications
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 161860
Position Title: Director, Commmunications
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across multiple platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular video game genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most rewarding work of their careers. Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked! We realize it takes outstanding people from diverse backgrounds to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality. We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
At Electronic Arts, we bring together creativity, talent, and technology to connect players to amazing entertainment experiences. We are passion and pioneering. It’s the fuel that inspires us to inspire the world to play.
As the Director of EA SPORTS Communications, you will report to the Senior Director of Product and Studio Communications. You are passionate about sports, and stories, and can make sure that the best ideas are part of our EA SPORTS campaigns and events. In this leadership position, you will help establish the voice of EA’s portfolio of sports games and its studios, and how that connects with our overall brand. In collaboration with the other leaders of the PR team, we’d like your help to guide the teams as they develop integrated communications strategies that enhance our sports products and our company. We would rely on you to help coach a team of PR professionals eager to grow in their strategic and creative thinking, and in their careers.
- Oversee the EA SPORTS communications team and work with teams across the organization to develop multifaceted plans and create effective communications strategies.
- Create powerful messages and stories told through PR and owned channels.
- Partner with EA SPORTS studio leadership, marketing, community teams to create campaigns for the EA SPORTS brand and their games that enhance individual products, the studio, and EA and increase awareness and brand recognition.
- Prepare executives for media interviews.
- Oversee the communications team as they accomplish plans you create together – and are engaging teams that manage digital, research, events, and partnerships
- Manage the EA SPORTS internal team and supporting outside PR agencies.
- Develop key messages, and draft press materials and other communications.
- 10 or more years of experience in communications, media relations or public relations
- You have a passion for sports and games, and if you have PR experience in one or both even better
- You are passionate about communications and media relations and have a finger on the pulse of the latest industry trends
- You're a strategic thinker with experience and have established media relationships in
- You have a track record building and motivating teams
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels within the company
- You're able to think ahead, solve problems and take the initiative
- You're a process-minded planner who understands deadlines, logistics and how to build campaign plans for multi-dimensional programs and events
- You enjoy writing, editing and have great verbal communications and presentation skills
Community / Marketing Title: Director, EA SPORTS Communications
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-23 16:36:18.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.