Development Director, Web Development (EAX)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161850
Position Title: DD I
Development Director, Web Development (EAX)
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Development Director, you will be responsible for managing one of the EAX Development teams, which means you will be responsible for acting as the scrum master for one or two of the Web Development teams, managing risks, building and maintaining schedules, communicating progress, partnering with both internal external partners, supporting the team by removing roadblocks, and helping build team culture and health. As part of the broader development team, you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in Vancouver.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and allowing more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone who can:
- Managing teams using Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrate a collaborative leadership style
- Guiding teams through continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other disciplines to develop and manage schedules based on project goals
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems
- Commit to timelines and budgets
- Determine and manage requirements and priorities
- Managing and communicating risks
- Maintain calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams
- Most notably you’ll have a rare mix of leadership and collaboration that helps guide teams to achieve their goals
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 5+ years experience working within technology industries, preferably with a technical background
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Solid knowledge and experience as a scrum master
- Experience in online services or gaming industry highly desirable
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- A passion for continuous improvement
In a typical week, the Web Development Director could be…
- Playing the scrum master role on 1 or more scrum teams
- Working with Web leads to build road map and plans
- Managing requirements across multiple teams/partners
- Building plans and schedules for new releases and communicating outward
- Managing team budgets and risks
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director, Web Development (EAX)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-17 17:18:48.343
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.