Manager of Business Reporting, CGE
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161825
Position Title: Operations Manager III
Manager of Business Reporting
Competitive Gaming Entertainment
EA Overview: EA was founded 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Real Racing, Plants vs. Zombies, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Competitive Gaming Entertainment (CGE) Manager of Business Reporting will work closely CGE Line of Business Leads, Global Analytics and Insights (GAI) and CGE Finance Director to deliver all the business reporting elements across CGE, from Board of Directors updates to Quarterly Management Reporting to Key Metrics. As a member of the CGE Strategic Planning & Business Operations, this person will identify and help support cross-organization initiatives against our top CGE priorities, including analysis, recommendations and best practices relating to our planning & reporting process as well as operational performance improvement. Key Responsibilities
- Deliver Accurate Reporting: Partner with Lines of Business Leads, GAI, Strategic Planning and Finance to deliver quarterly CGE Business Reporting Package, quarterly BOD Updates, Metrics Dashboard Updates, Event Key Metrics Reporting, Planning Introspective and support Franchise Review materials
- Be Creative: Design reporting package/s to highlight key insights and focus readers attention on critical elements
- Focus on Performance Measurement & Optimization: Work closely with Strategic Planning & Business Operations Leadership, Audience Growth & GAI to build a repository for Key Metrics to track ongoing performance, drive continuous optimization and communicate results/insights to partners and leadership
- Drive cross-functional efforts: Coordinate and drive cross-functional business operation initiatives, proactively identifying dependencies, and driving issues to resolution. Develop and drive change programs to address complicated cross team issues
- Improve Efficiency: Consistently look for opportunities to improve how we work. When possible, review our current efforts to identify possible cost, efficiency & performance improvements
- Be Service-Oriented: Treat all partners as an extension of yourself; provide the highest level of leadership and service at every opportunity
Required Work Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business or Finance.
- Years of experience: 5-7+ years overall industry experience
- 3-5 years in a management/business reporting or analytics role
- Experience working with data science and data engineering teams
- Presentation Skills: Experience in presenting large volume of complex data in a streamlined, summarized way (e.g. writing and presenting status decks to varying levels of leadership) Desired Profile
- Leader: Lead by example ensuring that opportunities to mentor others and direct the team towards mutual goals drive all work
- Solutions Provider: Able to identify and/or create solutions even when none seem immediately present
- Self-Starter: Independent and motivated. Can act upon opportunities and issues accordingly
- Proven Leader: Comfortable communicating with a broad range of customer positions, from executive producer to software engineer. Able to work with various levels of the organization to bring solutions and understanding.
- Flexible and agile: Able to multi-task, adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Gaming Experience: Up-to-date knowledge of and some experience with gaming across multiple platforms
Community / Marketing Title: Manager of Business Reporting, CGE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-09-04 21:51:23.673
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.