Capture Data Wrangler
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161821
Position Title: Associate Acquisition Specialist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer, who welcomes all qualified candidates. We value diverse teams, unified through collaboration, culture and craft, and encourage our team members to bring their unique perspectives to the table.
The Capture Data Wrangler performs extremely detailed pre-shoot technical set ups, shoot tasks and post-shoot pipeline steps across body Mocap, PCAP, Body Scanning, Head Scanning, DCAM & research and development services, at times simultaneously, using custom built toolsets. You will experience an onboarding period to ensure you can perform these tasks and use our custom tools.
You will work with Game Team clients. You are the first contact for any pipeline failures and accountable for initiating the appropriate assessment plan to unblock the pipeline or escalate to the appropriate team member.
Partnering with the Producer, Experts on the Acquisition team and the Post-production team, you are at the heart of our projects and are involved at every step of our work.
You have high technical aptitude, tenacity to learn and improve pipelines, processes and tasks that ensure our workflows. Managing and maintaining these workflows are the responsibility of the Data Wrangler.
You will use Maya, Motion Builder, Adobe Bridge CC, Reality Capture, Google Sheets, Shotgun to perform the tasks and EA custom tools.
You have experience across these environments:
- Perhaps you have worked as an I/O Coordinator in the past, or a Data Wrangler in VFX, film and TV, or performed DIT positions found on set in film and tv. Maybe you have worked as a Post-Production Coordinator and are looking for a new challenge.
- You can work with consistency when handling data that depends on accuracy
- You have experience using Shotgun to manage assets and workflow
- You can maintain communication connecting multiple departments in different phases of work
- You can understand and work with requirements of multiple industry-leading services (3D Scanning, motion capture, performance capture and virtual cinematography)
Summary of Responsibilities
- Set up of shoots and movement of data from a shoot into post-production.
- Oversee pre-shoot database set up for multiple projects.
- Provide on-set support to the acquisition team, being a member of the team that ensures quality capture of data.
- Perform pipeline manual steps post shoot: ingest data from shoot floor the pipeline is dependent on, diagnose any pipeline blockages, escalate problems to appropriate team member.
- Advise the ‘Tools and Tech’ team on improvements to custom tools and help develop new tools / tool features.
- Help onboard new team members
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Community / Marketing Title: Capture Data Wrangler
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-15 23:04:08.807
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.