Level Artist - DICE
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 161708
Position Title: Environment Artist 2
At DICE we love to push boundaries with creativity, passion, and the constant ambition to create something extraordinary. To do that we need the right people for the job. With the next challenge on the horizon we want to expand our Level Art team. We're looking for Level Artists across all seniority levels, to join our team of content creators and create our in-game worlds for the future.
Who you will work with
The DICE Level Art team works together with other disciplines, such as level designers, concept artists and art directors to create the best possible experience in our games.
As a studio we encourage career development, well-being and fun, which in the Level Artists team translates to a high degree of creative ownership, a democratic decision-making process and plenty of growth opportunities both inside and outside of the team. We promote realistic and sustainable planning to provide a healthy work-life balance. We also organize activities such as workshops, life drawing sessions and regular team meals to bring the team closer together and foster a fun and inclusive workplace.
What you will do
As a Level Artist you will create worlds, maps and large-scale environments. Level Artists are part of the whole process, from concept, layout and all the way to placing small props and rocks. You will interpret the real-world location and create the majority of the natural assets. You pull in 3D props and architecture built by 3D, lighting and VFX artists to bring the level to life.
On a daily basis you will report to the Lead Level Artist in your project, meeting to review your work and discuss progress about project deliveries.
You will also:
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other other artists in your team to guarantee that it works as intended.
- Promote and enforce structure, such as naming conventions and documentation.
- Help develop future tools. Engage with the level designers, lighters and 3D art teams and share knowledge and best practices.
- Check and optimize the performance aspects of the work.
- Ensure that the map is playable.
Who you are
You have great artistic qualities, and an excellent eye for interpreting reference and concept art. You have a solid appreciation and understanding of how things work in real-life, and a broad understanding of technical aspects. You are efficient and mindful of memory and performance constraints.
You are also:
- Someone with 3+ years of experience as a Level Artist in the video games industry.
- Proficient in current generation industry-standard tools and workflows, such as Maya, Photoshop and Houdini.
- Preferably someone with documented knowledge and experience creating assets and environments using photogrammetry in real-time game engines, such as Frostbite or Unreal.
- You put passion into everything you do, with excellent skills in communication and team collaboration.
- An active contributor to the craft, promoting a transparent and learning culture within the team.
Good for you to know
This is a permanent position and only applicants with a portfolio will be considered. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to become the next generation of DICErs.
Community / Marketing Title: Level Artist - DICE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-08-03 08:53:57.147
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.