Lead Product Designer (24-month contract)
Location: Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Requisition Number: 161691
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
Please note this is a 24-month temporary position.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive experiences out there. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Marketing Innovation team is focused on bringing never before seen experiences to players that are closely linked to our games and campaigns. An essential part of this is the role of technology, and how it forges a link between our players and the worlds we create.
To harness this power and drive the vision we are looking for a strong Product Designer to help tailor our next big experiences. If you share the same passion, apply today and you might become the next member of an extraordinary team that is carving out a new path in the industry, reporting directly to the Senior Director, Marketing Innovation.
What a Product Designer does at EA
As a Product Designer you will create the next generation of product and marketing experiences for our players, changing the way they engage with our content and campaigns across EA. Tailoring these experiences by visualizing new concepts, gathering requirements, creating new user journeys, wireframes and prototypes will be at the forefront of your daily responsibilities. Using your expertise in UX, interactive/visual design, and UI, you will be a high value contributor focused on bringing innovative products to life.
- Create outstanding designs using your knowledge of the user-centered design process.
- Use the right tools for the right job. Draw, prototype, code, and verbalise. Whatever communicates the idea best.
- Conduct partner interviews, requirement gathering sessions and organizational research to understand all user requirements.
- Contribute to product strategy inserting the voice of the user into teams and EA at large.
- Provide feedback on other designers’ work through brainstorms, work sessions, reviews, and presentations.
- Help pitch new experience concepts to our studio and marketing partners.
- Direct and provide guidance to colleagues of all levels and skills, both in-house and external, ensuring we track and communicate progress to leadership from concept to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI or a design-related field, plus 5+ years professional design practice, or equivalent experience
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating experience delivering many digital products such as dynamic websites, immersive experiences, SAAS applications. Experience with game engines is a bonus.
- Experience creating and contributing to projects which touch on the unknown
- An understanding of the product lifecycle and building and iterating on products with large and established user-bases.
- Background in responsive design best practices and designing for the mobile web
- An understanding of presentation-layer code and experience in coding
- Fluent knowledge of Sketch, Figma, the Adobe Creative Suite and other design and rapid-prototyping tools
- Experience running user testing and measuring usability
- Outstanding ability to take audience through user experience in an accessible way
- Passionate about product trends and best practices
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Product Designer (24-month contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-09 17:51:51.463
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.