Experience Design Director - UX/UI
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161686
Position Title: Director, Experience Design
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment, and we work in a manner that is different from the industry. We believe that games that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you are empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We also firmly believe that to achieve our best one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We’re looking for a wildly creative Experience Design Director with a passion for games, user experience, great social and communication skills, and a positive, collaborative mentality.
Collaborating with the other project directors and the UX/UI team, you will set a clear vision and project-level priorities for the user experience across the whole game, driving execution during development and in live service. You draw from experience, research, playtest data, and feedback to create an outstanding player experience.
You will serve as a coach and mentor to UX/UI Designers, assisting in the resolution of complex problems, and growing skills and knowledge for the team. Setting up collaborative relationships across EA studios.
You will define best practices for the UX/UI discipline within the studio, from collaborative approaches between departments, to structured processes, workflows, and content standards.
- At least 8 years UX/UI experience, with 3 years in a leadership role. Your experience includes some combination of AAA games, multiplayer games, live service, and FPS.
- You have seen at least 2 AAA games through to shipping.
- You have a strong portfolio of published game UX and interface designs; including front-end, UI, HUD, metagame, and character customization work.
- A clear, enthusiastic speaker and presenter; you motivate and inspire others, from team members to executive level. You can communicate your aesthetic, technical, and design visions through written, verbal and graphical presentations.
- Experience designing for accessibility and inclusivity.
- Experience interpreting analytics and data to shape decision-making, and track the effectiveness of changes.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
- You have a passion for playing and making games, with a deep understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, HCI, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with your resume. We may ask you to complete a practical skills exercise as part of the application process.
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Design Director - UX/UI
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-08 22:55:03.067
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.