Lead Character Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161685
Position Title: Senior Artist
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world-class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that to achieve our best, one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a Lead Character Artist who is passionate about creating high-quality, realistic characters and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. You will report to the Studio Line Director.
As a Lead Character Artist, you will be responsible for:
Work task examples:
- Sculpt high-resolution characters
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Collaborate with Production to organize, schedule, and manage the character art team’s daily activities
- Support character concept and design
- Work with Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of character models
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to develop an effective character art pipeline
- Mentor the internal and external character teams through verbal and written feedback
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material
- Deliver feedback to outsourcing partners
Skills We Look For:
- Previous character lead experience within a game production environment
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
- Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience with Marvelous designer
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Military gear & hardware knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for collaboration with other artists, designers, and programmers
- Critical eye for detail
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2020-07-08 20:30:57.02
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。