Lead Character Artist
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161685
Position Title: Senior Artist
Our Mission: We are on a journey to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Ethos: We value how ideas take shape - in a conversation, a prototype, a dream. Inspiration flows through our studio, homes, and minds. With one drop of inspiration, the idea begins to spread and the smallest idea quickly grows to something bigger than us. That's by design. As with our games, we are advancing the industry - one idea at a time. We are Ripple Effect.
- Community first
- Excellence through iteration
- Quality in our craft
- Bold risk taking
- Honesty & transparency
- Creative diversity
We are seeking a Lead Character Artist who is passionate about creating high-quality, realistic characters and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. You will report to the Studio Line Director.
As a Lead Character Artist, you will be responsible for:
Work task examples:
- Sculpt high-resolution characters
- Create clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Collaborate with Production to organize, schedule, and manage the character art team’s daily activities
- Support character concept and design
- Work with Art Director to drive and maintain high visual quality of character models
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to develop an effective character art pipeline
- Mentor the internal and external character teams through verbal and written feedback
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material
- Deliver feedback to outsourcing partners
Skills We Look For:
- Previous character lead experience within a game production environment
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
- Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
- Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Experience with Marvelous designer
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Military gear & hardware knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for collaboration with other artists, designers, and programmers
- Critical eye for detail
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2020-07-08 20:30:57.02
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.