Software Engineer in Test
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161595
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 1
Software Engineer in Test I
As part of the EAX QV Automation team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting-edge web technologies on the market today, while supporting the development team in its effort to release world class features for EA’s Player Network initiatives.
You will be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. You will be writing reliable, robust, high quality automation scripts that developers rely on every day for the Continuous Deployment / Delivery of critical features that will be seen by millions of players worldwide.
In your day-to-day activities, you will be working on an agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming while helping to identify and fill gaps in test coverage, contributing heavily to your team’s suite of automated tests, collaborating with developers to identify feature changes and new scope, and helping plan priorities and tactics for test execution.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and RESTful web services
- Good understanding of software testing methodologies and approaches
- Solid understanding of the different types of testing and their implications
- Experience with automated testing for modern web apps and services (using Selenium, Appium, and related tools)
- Excellent debugging and root-cause analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong QA mindset to understand how to approach testing and identify what to test
- Effective problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with agile teams with a passion for software testing
- Experience with common development tools such as:
- Git, Visual Studio Code, JIRA
Good to have
- Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus
- Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls, SSL a plus
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Data analysis using tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Software Test Automation
- Take part in all aspects of the development cycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
- Advocate for quality at all times and keep the development team accountable.
- Ensure that developers are producing testable code / features through regular communication and collaboration.
- Develop tools and systems in support of testing or development.
- Maintain Automation Strategy documents with support and direction from Technical Leads
- Execute on the Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality.
- Test your own work and provide reliable, defect-free automation scripts that instills confidence in the automation suite.
- Help set the technical direction of the team and facilitate productivity improvements to our engineering workflows.
Customer Relationship Management
- Writing and presenting our plans by delivering the right message to the stakeholders.
- Continuous, front-line communication with all of our customers on our goals and strategy.
- Ability to negotiate with end-users on feature scope, priorities, deliverables, and timeline.
- Advise customers on solutions.
- Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and objectives.
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
- Task-oriented, able to set realistic goals and work towards successful completion.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change.
- Consistently demonstrate respect for others’ roles and contributions.
- Resourceful and innovative - identify issues and implement solutions, as required.
- Goal-driven achiever with high productivity.
- Ability to see, understand and work within the wider strategic picture.
- Flexible; comfortable in an environment of constant change.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer in Test
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-09 16:55:20.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.