Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161543
Position Title: DD I
We are EA
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be successful in this role, you need to do the following:
- Build and evolve an effective team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the successful completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees across multiple disciplines within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements
- Establish and assign specific tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
- 8 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Communicate across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in several project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Able to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Please note that this role is open for sourcing and we often have both permanent and temporary opportunities available. Thank you for your interest.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-25 01:20:25.81
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.