UI Technical Artist - NHL - Temporary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161539
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
NHL is seeking a UI Technical Artist to join our UI/UX discipline in an environment of passion, creativity, and refinement! This design role will focus on implementation of established design specs using sophisticated, proprietary authoring tools while simultaneously helping to shape our designs, visuals, and animations. The ideal candidate will be both visually creative and technologically savvy.
- Using both proprietary software and third party tech to implement the visual design of the UI + HUD within the game.
- Collaborate with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to deliver a best-in-class user experience, from concept to ship.
- Collaborate with Engineers to define technical and data requirements.
- Prove out and champion best practices for UI architecture with a goal of organization reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable).
- Utilize graphics software to convert designs by artist into useable pieces for Game implementation.
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Experience in creating fully functional and visually polished user interfaces
- Deep knowledge of scripting languages.
- Excellent communicator (Verbal and written) and collaborator who can work with programmers, designers, and Artists
- Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues
- Willingness to learn proprietary production pipelines and workflows
- Knowledge of Adobe CC suite.
- Excellent design sensibilities and the understanding of how animation & motion can enhance the end user experience for our user interfaces
- Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory
- Ability to work autonomously and think proactively
- Strong aptitude for creatively solving complex and challenging problems.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to both follow and define new conventions.
- Driven to create best in class AAA game UI.
- Able to work within tight technical restraints and proactively optimize to fit within guidelines
- Ability to quickly adapt to complex proprietary pipeline and authoring tools
- Collaboratively work alongside the design team in a creative environment
- Skilled in Motion design and animation
- Experience working in Game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Programming experience
- Understanding of Basic 3D and working in 3D or 2.5D space
- Interested in Games & Sports
- User driven design advocate
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: UI Technical Artist - NHL - Temporary
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-30 19:27:35.293
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.