Development Director (Quality Verification)
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161523
Position Title: DD I
Who is EA Capital Games?
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, inspired by the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture excels in being creative, collaborative, and in pushing the boundaries of our medium. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Project Development Director
Quality Assurance - Project Development Director must have both a solid project management background and think "people first". Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while driving EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporate new QA strategies. You will work on department level projects and operational efficiency projects.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role.
Do you embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers? Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside collaborators? Reporting to the QA group Development Director we’re looking for a passionate Quality Assurance - Project Development Director to join our team to help coordinate and test our mobile titles.
Primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- Manage whole project from the quality point of view with the ability to speak to the project in detail
- Create a test strategy across full stack client/server mobile architecture
- Process and workflow management and improving processes to maintain high-quality standards through multiple development and live project cycles
- Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating return on investment and cost vs benefit analysis
- Work with our partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project indicators
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to implement solutions
- Lead change to prioritize business essential tasks
- Develop talent, mentors and cultivate others within their project team
- Determine and improve product quality indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes are followed, working with partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
- Collaborator with partners and team members across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to partners using data that represent product quality indicators
- Active participation in the test responsibilities and processes
- Advocate and promote a culture of quality
You will speak to the following levels of experience
- Quality Assurance - Project Development Director are expected to have at a minimum:
- ○ 7+ years of experience in a software development environment
- ○ 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- ○ 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Comfortable communicating across all disciplines
- Understand analytics and indicators as a way of tracking product quality comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote outstanding quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 or Unreal a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business.
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience shipping mobile titles
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director (Quality Verification)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-23 19:23:54.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.