Senior Data Analyst
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 161362
Position Title: Senior Analyst
What EA Sports does:
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games including FIFA soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, UFC, and more.
What you'll do on our team:
As a Senior Analyst working within the FIFA Analytics team, your main focus will be on FIFA's Ultimate Team mode and its in-game economy, working primarily with the live content group along with a diverse set of colleagues in analytics around the world. We're looking for a thoughtful, curious person with a passion for diving into data to uncover insights and understand how our players are engaging with Ultimate Team. Your analysis will help ensure that its economy remains well-balanced as new content is continually introduced into the in-game market, so that players of all types can find success and enjoyment in the mode. You’ll not only be a data explorer and modeler, but also a storyteller and influencer, driving insights that spur bold decisions for FUT's development team.
Examples of projects you may work on include: establishing the key set of metrics that the team will use to assess the ongoing health of the in-game economy; performing analysis to determine what's driving those metrics into healthy vs. unhealthy states; creating models to predict the value of new content being introduced into the in-game market, and the impact that its introduction will have on Ultimate Team and its players.
What a Senior Analyst will do on our team:
- Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect the in-game economy, its performance, and our players.
- Develop strategic insights to help our partners make informed decisions about Ultimate Team campaign and content planning, execution and monitoring.
- Receive questions from our partners, determine the best ways that our data can help answer them, and provide those insights through dashboards, reports, or presentations.
- Explore player behaviour patterns in our data to identify opportunities to improve the player experience.
- Present analyses and findings to our partners in a clear, understandable, and actionable way.
- Become an expert in live content strategies and campaigns.
What we're looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, or a related field at a minimum; a master’s degree in one of these fields is a significant plus
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions, preferably in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, e-commerce); experience with practical applications of economic analysis is a significant plus
- Excellent SQL querying skills
- Proficiency analyzing large datasets in both a spreadsheet program (e.g. Excel, Sheets) and in a programmatic analysis tool (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience in practical applications of statistical modeling (e.g. multivariate regression, predictive modeling, clustering, machine learning)
- Familiarity with use of data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny)
- Passion for games or sports
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-16 06:34:04.043
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.